International Admissions Overview
At Pacific Academy, we recognize that applying to a new school involves multiple steps and we would like to do everything possible to help support your family as you begin the process of enrolling your child.
First, it is important for families to begin the enrollment process as early as possible. This will ensure a smooth and thorough transition and increase the chances of being able to meet all of the student’s needs in terms of courses, home-stay, and counseling.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and we admit incoming international students for the start of each semester in late August, late January and mid June.
Please Pay Here
once you submit the application form
Step 1: APPLY
Please submit the following:
1. Pacific Academy Application Form
2. $300 – Application fee (non-refundable). Due with completed application form and required documents.
3. iTEP SLATE Test Score (international Test of English Proficiency, Secondary Language Assessment Test of English) – See attached iTEP instruction.
4. Current, official academic transcripts in English of at least two (2) years.
A current, official transcript (not a copy) in English with the official school seal, stamp and /or signature. Transcripts are needed for all high school years.
If admitted, all final official transcripts must be submitted from previous schools for grades 9-12. Final, official transcripts are used for the student’s Pacific Academy transcripts.
5. Photocopy of the student’s passport.
6. Bank documentation in English and U.S. currency (USD) showing a minimum available amount of $57,000.
7. If transferring from another U.S. school, please include: copy of the current I-20 document, copy of U.S. VISA, and official transcript from current school.
8. Two (2) teacher recommendations. These may be letters of recommendations or the names and email addresses of at least two teachers.
9. Portfolio: Please submit a student portfolio, which should include at least 3 of the following: (1) samples of the student’s academic work, (2) writing samples in English, (3) certificates or awards earned, (4) artistic work (drawings, poems, photos), or (5) any other work the student would like to share with the admissions committee. The portfolio can be submitted with the application.
Step 2: INTERVIEW
The student will receive an email notification about the Skype interview. Please reserve 60-90 minutes for the student interview.
Step 3: REVIEW / DECISION
1. The student application will be reviewed by the Pacific Academy Admissions Committee.
2. The student will be informed of the committee’s decision within approximately two weeks after submission of all required documents and the interview.
3. Upon acceptance the enrollment deposit fee of $4,500 becomes due before the I-20 may be issued. The student will also receive an Acceptance Package (Letter of Acceptance, Enrollment Contract, Student Immigration Information, etc.) via express mail.
Step 4: F-1 VISA
1. Please pay a fee to the U.S. Government for the F-1 Visa interview. The fee may be paid at www.ice.gov/sevis/I901. You will need to bring the I-901 payment receipt for your VISA interview.
2. You can schedule a U.S. VISA interview as soon as you receive the electronic copy of the I-20. Depending on individual circumstances, you may need to wait 1-3 months for the interview.
Step 5: TUITION / ENROLLMENT
1. If the student is in need of housing services and/or airport pickup, please check under “Accommodation” (page 2) on the Pacific Academy International Student Application Form.
2. Payment of the remaining annual tuition, the Program and Technology fee are both due 10 days prior to the student start date.
3. Please submit the following documents on the date specified on the Acceptance Letter:
Complete the “Report of Health Examination for School Entry” form (mailed in acceptance package) and Immunization (Health) Record in English. Both must be signed by a licensed physician.
TRANSLATION MUST BE COMPLETED BY A CERTIFIED TRANSLATOR.
Proof of the student’s liability and health insurance
STUDENTS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO BEGIN CLASSES WITHOUT INSURANCE.
Medical and Emergency Contact Information document
Student Vehicle Consent Form (Irvine Campus)/Unsupervised Activity Form (Encinitas Campus)
Parent Permission Form (Irvine Campus)/Off-Campus Activity Form (Encinitas Campus)
Photo/Media Release Form
Authorization of Temporary Guardianship Form
Drug, Alcohol & Tobacco Policy (Encinitas Campus)
Statement of Integrity (Encinitas Campus)
Early Withdrawal Agreement (Encinitas Campus)
Student Record Release Form
Outreach Concern Counseling Form
4. Report to Pacific Academy on the date specified on your Acceptance Letter.
5. Students must take the following placement exams:
English language assessment exam
Mathematics placement exam
iTEP TEST INSTRUCTIONS
International students, or students who do not speak English as a first language, are required to take the iTEP SLATE test (International Test of English Proficiency, Secondary Language Assessment Test of English) as part of the application process.
Locate the nearest test center on the iTEP website: itepexam.com. The specific web address for iTEP test centers site is http://www.itepexam.com/schedule-an-itep-test.
Contact the test center by phone and make an appointment to take the iTEP SLATE test.
On the testing day, bring your passport and pay for the test. The cost is $119. The test center may have an additional fee. When you register, use your English name (if you have one) AND your legal first name and family/last name. For example, First name: Mike Jingyi; Family/Last name: Wu (as shown on passport)
On the testing day, select “Pacific Academy, Irvine” during the registration process. Your scores will automatically be sent to Pacific Academy. You will also receive a copy of your scores. Electronic devices are not permitted at the test center.