International Admissions Overview
Step 1: APPLY
Please submit the following by January 15th:
1. Pacific Academy Application Form.
2. $300 – Application fee (non-refundable).
Due with completed application form and required documents. Please contact the accounting office for the payment method (firstname.lastname@example.org).
3. Current, official academic transcripts in English of at least two (2) years.
All Students are required to submit current, official academic transcripts in English of at least two (2) years.
A current, official transcript (not a copy) in English with the official school seal, stamp and/or signature.
Transcripts are needed for all high school years.
PLEASE NOTE: The final, official transcript(s) must match and be consistent with those submitted in the application process. It is important that the information on transcripts NOT change. Pacific Academy will NOT accept transcripts that are different from or inconsistent with those submitted in the application process.
Any admitted matriculating student is also required to provide final high school transcript(s), which should match the original transcript, except for new grades or will not be considered. These final, official transcripts are what are used for the students’ final Pacific Academy transcript.
Parents/Guardian – please sign the “Request for Release of Records” form.
4. Photocopy of the bio data page of student’s passport.
5. Bank documentation in English and U.S. currency (USD) showing a minimum available amount of $60,000.
6. If transferring from another U.S. school, please include: a copy of the current I-20 document and a copy of U.S. VISA.
7. Two (2) academic teacher recommendations. These may be letters of recommendations or the names and email addresses of at least two academic teachers.
8. Portfolio - Please submit a student portfolio, including at least 3 of the following:
(1) Samples of the student’s academic work
(2) Writing samples in English
(3) Certificates or awards earned
(4) Artistic work (drawings, poems, photos)
(5) Or any other work the student would like to share with the admissions committee.
The portfolio can be submitted with the application.
9. iTEP SLATE Plus Test Score (international Test of English Proficiency, Secondary Language Assessment Test of English) - Minimum score: 2
International students, or students who do not speak English as a first language, are required to take the iTEP SLATE Plus test (International Test of English Proficiency, Secondary Language Assessment Test of English) as part of the application process.
Schedule a virtual test from https://www.itepexam.com/virtual-testing/
Please choose SLATE-PLUS TEST - For Middle/High School International Admissions: SLATE Plus exam which covers Grammar, Reading, Listening, Writing, and Speaking.
The cost is $129. When you register, use your English name (if you have one) AND your legal first name and family/last name (as shown on passport)
Make sure you have an ID card photo, passport, or driver’s license ready for registration. Please select “Pacific Academy, Irvine” during the registration process. Your scores will automatically be sent to Pacific Academy, Irvine. You will also receive a copy of your scores.
Electronic devices are not permitted at the test center.
Step 2: INTERVIEW
Pacific Academy will schedule a 45-min to one-hour interview between the student and our Admissions Committee – onsite or via Zoom. This interview will provide us with the opportunity to learn about the student and his/her academic, social and civic goals. In turn, the student will have the opportunity to learn about our school, programs and student life.
Step 3: REVIEW / DECISION
The student application will be reviewed by the Pacific Academy Admissions Committee. The student will be informed of the committee’s decision within two weeks interview.
Please Pay Here
once you submit the application form
Step 4: ENROLLMENT
Upon acceptance, the I-20 fee and deposit become due before the I-20 may be issued.
The student will also receive an Acceptance Package (Letter of Acceptance, Enrollment Contract, Student Immigration Information, etc.) via express mail if the student requires a hard copy.
Step 5: F-1 VISA
1. It is your responsibility to pay the I-901 fee to the U.S. Government for the F-1 Visa interview. The fee may be paid at www.ice.gov/sevis/I901.
2. You can schedule a U.S. VISA interview as soon as you receive the electronic copy of the I-20. Depending on individual circumstances, you may need to wait 1-3 months for the U.S. VISA interview.
STEP 6: TUITION/ENROLLMENT
Payment of the remaining annual tuition and other fees are due on July 15th or based on the deadline shown on the invoice.
Please submit the signed documents specified on the Acceptance Package.
Report to Pacific Academy on the date specified on your Acceptance Letter.
Students must take the following placement exams:
English language assessment exam
Mathematics placement exam